Monday, November 10, 2008

Looking for Tuscany...ended up with Spaghetti Sauce

So here's the results of my weekend project. I have always wanted to glaze my kitchen wall, to give it kind of the Tuscany feel. So Saturday morning I headed down to Lowes to pick up some glaze. I wasn't sure what color I wanted, but I KNEW I didn't want red or orange in it. So I picked up a quart of Mocha. Went home and proceeded to glaze. Did not like it. Just looked like I had a dirty wall and I needed more color. I remembered that I had some gel stain left over from glazing Kyle's Bedroom...But it was a little orange. Went a head and gave it a try. LOVED IT! So I proceeded to do the whole big wall...HATED it. It was way too Orange but there was no turning back now. By dear neighbor Bobby used to work in the paint department at Home Depot. I knew she had a stash of odds and ends paint, so I headed over to her house to see if she could help remedy my problem. She handed me a quart of a tobacco colored stain. It did help tone it down a bit. It STILL isn't what I set out to achieve. But all in all it turned out pretty good I think. It's just a little hard to get used to.

Brian actually LOVES it. He wants me to continue it onto the next wall, where the windows are. I don't think I'm up to that, it does need some more color over there though. Any Suggestions? Right now it is a bisque color. My family thinks I'm crazy, because they always catch me just staring at my wall. I do Love how it has warmed my kitchen up.

3 comments:

Mel said...

I really LOVE it!! Good job! I am a person that likes bold, I want to be different than every other tan wall in the neighborhood. I have tan walls don't get me wrong but I love boldness. I think it turned out great!!

Brigitte said...

It looks awesome!! You never cease to amaze me.

Laura said...

Brenda - I LOVE your blog! I think the color looks great! And - I love the pictures you took of your kids - I didn't know you were such the photographer, they are awesome!