Thursday, February 5, 2009

Super SIMPLE Valentine Decor.

I don't have much decor in the way of Valentine decorations and I didn't want to go out and buy stuff. But I really needed something to go on my entry way table. So here is what I came up with. real simple. I took the glass out of the frame so it would give it a more dimensional look.

Making this made me remember why I scrapbook. It has been a hard week at our house. The Mama Bear has been a little bit ornery. Had a couple blow ups and had to sit the little kiddos down and have a little heart to heart. While making this project it gave me time to think and realize how much I really do love my kids...even if they REALLY get on my nerves sometimes. Each of them have such great personalities and take life with their mom in stride. Sometimes you need these quiet times to realize how Lucky you are to have such great kids who are happy and healthy. It also lets my kids see that know matter what... their mom ALWAYS loves them.

3 comments:

Brigitte said...

Super SIMPLE? Maybe to you. That's way cute! Looks like it takes a lot of time and talent though.

Laura said...

You're such a crafty lady!! You should come supervise me doing something like that on Tuesday night at the craft night at the church. (You've seen me scrapbook before -- I need supervision!!)
:D

David & Vanessa said...

Thanks so much for your reassuring thoughts! I'm so glad that we can keep in better touch through our blogs!

I love that cute frame...I wish we lived closer together, because I sure could use some help in being more crafty!! David always tells me that he thinks you and I are so similar in our taste for things. Tell Brian hi for me!