Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Smells Like Disneyland???

I found this cute dresser for Brinley the other day at Finders Keepers in American Fork. This store has THE CUTEST FURNITURE EVER! I also bought Ashlynn a Dresser and Desk there too. I pretty much wiped out a little corner of their store with my purchases. Anyway's the lady that owns the store takes old furniture and refurbishes it. I would call it shabby chic. And it was exactly what I was looking for. And thier prices are SO reasonable. I only payed $150 for this dresser and it is solid wood. Ashlynn's dresser was only $120 and the desk which came with a chair, was only $170. I will post pictures after I go pick up the desk.

Anyhow Brinley's dresser was made in the 1940's and it has that old musty smell. I told Brinley that I was going to have to get some drawer liners or something so all her clothes didn't stink. She said "No! I like the smell. It smells like Disneyland" Huh??? She says it remindes her of the rides at Disneyland. The only thing I can think of is maybe the Pinochio ride? Or Snow White? Since they are in those old wood buildings they kind of have that musty smell. Maybe Small World? Not sure. So anyhow if my daughter is smelling musty or like Disneyland, you know it is from her dresser.

6 comments:

Mel said...

Way cute dresser! I need to go in there!

Nate and Liz said...

Now you have a good reason to plan a trip to Disneyland! I always like any excuse to go.

Brigitte said...

Did you repaint Brinley's room? I thought it was yellow. Anyway, love the dresser. It's funny how the smell of something or someplace sticks with us for so long. So funny that a musty dresser reminds her of Disneyland. I wouldn't know. I do remember that she use to not want you to wash her blanket because it would wash the smell out. She's just a gil who is sentimental to smells.

Brenda said...

Brigitte~
Yep I painted Brinley's room. I am totally in love with this green. It isn't quite as bright as in the picture. It is just the perfect shade...it's called Asparagus.

You poor thing I can't believe your mom and dad NEVER took you to Disneyland when you were little? What kind of parents where they? LOL! You need to take your kids there someday. They would LOVE it! We are seriously thinking about going during spring break. We are sick of feeling so glum...We need some zippity-do-da in our lives.

Laura said...

I LOVE Finder's Keepers... their store is so adorable!! They always have the funnest furniture & decor in there!

That is so funny that your daughter thought it smelled like disneyland.... funny the things they associate w/ smells :)

David & Vanessa said...

That is beautiful. You have such GREAT GREAT taste!